Liability Of Personal Estate To Debts.
This is Article 5 of the Code of Virginia, titled “Liability Of Personal Estate To Debts..” It is part of Title 64.2, titled “Wills, Trusts, And Fiduciaries.” It is part of Subtitle II, titled “Wills And Decedents' Estates.” It is part of Chapter 5, titled “Personal Representatives And Administration Of Estates.” It’s comprised of the following 7 sections.
- § 64.2-525
- Debtor's appointment as executor
- § 64.2-526
- What personal estate to be sold; use of proceeds
- § 64.2-527
- Estate held for another's life; inclusion in personal estate
- § 64.2-528
- Order in which debts and demands of decedents to be paid
- § 64.2-529
- Creditors to be paid in order of their classification; class paid ratably; when representative not liable for paying debt
- § 64.2-530
- Lien acquired during lifetime of decedent not affected
- § 64.2-531
- Nonexoneration; payment of lien if granted by agent