The HDA shall have all the powers necessary or convenient to carry out and effectuate the purposes and provisions of this chapter, including the following powers in addition to others herein granted:
(1. To invest in, purchase or to make commitments to purchase, and take assignments from mortgage lenders, of notes and mortgages evidencing loans for the construction, rehabilitation, purchase, leasing or refinancing of residential housing for persons and families of low and moderate income in this Commonwealth upon the terms set forth in § 36-55.35;
(2. To make loans to mortgage lenders under terms and conditions requiring the proceeds thereof to be used by such mortgage lenders for the making of new residential mortgage loans to finance multi-family or single-family residential housing for persons and families of low and moderate income, upon the terms set forth in § 36-55.35;
(3. To make commitments to purchase, and to purchase, service and sell mortgages insured by any department, agency or instrumentality of the United States, and to make loans directly upon the security of any such mortgage, provided the underlying mortgage loans shall have been made and shall be continued to be used solely to finance or refinance the construction, rehabilitation, purchase or leasing of residential housing for persons and families of low and moderate income in this Commonwealth;
(5. To enter into mortgage insurance agreements with mortgage lenders in connection with the lending of money by such institutions to persons and families of low and moderate income for the purchase of residential housing;
(6. Subject to any agreement with bondholders or noteholders, to collect, enforce the collection of, and foreclose on any collateral securing its loans to mortgage lenders and acquire or take possession of such collateral and sell the same at public or private sale, with or without public bidding, and otherwise deal with such collateral as may be necessary to protect the interests of HDA therein.
1972, c. 830; 1975, c. 536; 1982, c. 152.