§ 51.5-139

Responsibility of Department for complaints regarding long-term care services

The Department or its designee shall investigate complaints regarding community services that are designed to provide long-term care to older persons and are rendered by the Department of Health, the Department of Social Services, the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services, the area agencies on aging, or any private nonprofit or proprietary agency.Nothing in this section shall affect the services provided by local departments of social services pursuant to § 63.2-1605.


1982, c. 346, § 2.1-373.3; 2001, c. 844, § 2.2-704; 2009, cc. 813, 840; 2012, cc. 803, 835.


  • Plain Text
  • JSON
  • XML